Wednesday 6 August 2014

A day's meals.

I have been asked a few times now what I have been eating whilst training. It was something I wondered about others doing Freeletics too but not many seem to divulge what they are eating.

I outlined some basic thoughts on food on this page: http://digitalunity.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-diet.html

I mainly aim for higher protein and as low as possible carbs, sometimes towards the target date lowering it under 100grams. So here is a typical day for me (yesterday).

Calories 2021.82Carbs
183.516
Protein
199.986
Fat
66.284

Liquids:

espresso coffee x 1
Green tea x 3
Litre water x 4

7am Breakfast:


Two poached eggs, 4 mushrooms, half a tin of beans. I switched to this from porridge due to it's higher content of protein.


11am Snack:

Juice made of 4 carrots, 4 apples,  banana, 4 apples.

1pm Lunch:

Tuna (in spring water) salad.
lettuce, peppers, 1/2 avocado, cucumber, tomatoes and a sprinkle of Olive oil.


3pm Snack:

Protein shake (Whey Isolate)
Grapefruit

6pm Dinner:

Hot chicken salad.
salad same as lunch but no avocado and for the chicken  a couple of breasts cut unto good sized chunks or strips. Works just as well with thighs (I prefer thighs). Pop the oven on as if you were going to roast them and with a small dish put the following in: 
  • half a bottle of soy sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • heaped teaspoon harissa paste
  • 4 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce.
Pop it in the oven until cooked, I like to wait until I can see it starting to go nice and brown like it does on a BBQ and then serve hot!

I don't always eat salad but it is quite hot at the moment. One of my favorites is bolognaise, but without the spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment