Wednesday 23 July 2014

Freeletics - the results.

15 weeks has passed and I'm really glad to be sharing the results. I am kinda hoping that someone somewhere might read this and it be a catalyst for change in them, if so i'd love to hear about it!

It seems like only yesterday when I stood in the front room and took the first set of pictures. At the time I remember noting down how I felt, lethargic, and fat with little motivation to do many things. Just pretty blurghhh.

Fast forward to now and I finally feel great about myself. I didn't manage to do such an awesome montage as most so here are some pics of me before and after. I also did a quick video on you tube of my journey too.



You can see them all on my Google Plus album here: Click Here

It hasn't been an easy ride at all. At the start I felt so unfit that I tried to justify not carrying the sessions all the way through, time after time. Things started to get easier around week 8, it finally seemed to click and I found myself doing the previously unthinkable. When I was really bored I would drop down onto the floor and do some push up Max sets or I would finish a session off and then just run around the house and garden. I started to believe and push.

I made a video which I will attempt to upload to show how much of struggle it was at the start. I only managed 20 of the burpees before I was trying to catch my breath in my first session and it took me nearly an hour to do the first Aphrodite but as you will be able to see towards the end, things do get easier. Aphrodite used to fill me with dread, now I think of it as one of the easier ones.

If you want to read more about each day of the freeletics journey I have made a page with a list of all the posts here : Freeletics Journey

Thankyou....
To everyone out there, reading my blog.
To all the people who said my beard made me look older, unknowingly you pushed me harder.
To mum for my birthday money which I spent on the freeletics coach!
To Zoe for telling me I look 20 years older!! ( I trained harder than ever the next day )
To Paul for the nutrition advice (http://paulfightscancer.co.uk)
To Colin for the kind words of advice and support (http://freeleticscommunity.com)

Finally for the guys and gals at Freeletics (http://freeletics.com) for developing such a simple yet massively effective and enjoyable way of getting fit.

Here's to the next 15 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment