Wednesday 19 March 2014

Freeletics ... Time to get fit!

So it's about time I got my ass into gear and stopped making excuses as to why I don't have time to do any exercise! Don't get me wrong, i'm not massive or suffering but I do have a festival to go to in August and I really want to go there feeling good about taking my top off and soaking up some rays.

My previous attempts at keeping fit and healthy have always been a bumpy and resistive start and then when I feel the burn, that's the point I want to carry on.

As I have just moved house and changed lifestyle somewhat I figured that I would try something more natural this time, rather than lifting heavy weights, building big arms and shoulders and moaning about how it takes forever to get rid of stomach fat. So after much hunting around I saw some of the freeletics videos "15 week transformation" and figured I gotta get me some of that, this was back in December....

From then on I managed to find an excuse every day why I couldn't start! Too tired, just eaten something, don't want to be burnt out the following day... the list goes on. I carried on watching the videos, getting a little more inspired day by day, I even started to grow a beard to remind me that I needed to loose weight and sort myself out before August.

Then came my birthday, another year older... Now is as good a time as any to start I thought, after 2 weeks of moving home I signed up and bought the freeletics coach. Yeah I know, you will have heard all the skeptics talking of how it's just the same thing on the site but fed to you through software but I'm no conspiracy theorist and personally for me it serves as a little motivation thinking that I have paid for something and need to get the use out of it.

So....Here's to 15 weeks of freeletics and hopefully a big change in me!

A quick insight into the coach is that it does say that it needs to assess your level of fitness first so you start off by doing Pushup MAX (as many pushups in 100 seconds as you can) followed by Pullup MAX and Pushup MAX again. The following two days are the same and the final day is the Aphrodite session. I'll let you know how I've done on Saturday if I can still type!

No comments:

Post a Comment