Monday 31 March 2014

Freeletics Week 2

Motivation city this week!

Firstly when I clicked on the coach to move into week two it covered the fact that I had only done a couple of pullups in each session last week and said it was quite normal to do only one or two. Plus I have seen some others on you tube that struggle with a couple so I don't feel as de-motivated as I ended on last week.

I've just started writing this after the first workout which was Aphrodite again and I smashed my last time which was 47mins and got a PB of 34 minutes. Last week was much harder so I am guessing it has kick started my metabolism  that and the banana I had about an hour before I started the workout helped! Day 1 done and feeling great.

Day 2
Situp MAX *83
Metis 09:09

Pretty amazed I could do that many situps considering I was still a little sore from Aphrodite. As for Metis, on paper, as do most, Metis looks pretty easy but it is far from it. Really made me sweat and work for it even though there is less to do than Aphrodite it's just as exhausting and an absolute killer on your legs!

Day 3
Aphrodite again and once again managed to get a PB with 31:15 which was over 3 minutes faster than last time. I can see the next one i'll be watching the clock to get sub 30minutes, can only imagine how good that is going to feel.

Day 4
Situp MAX *94
Metis 09:06

Week 2 over...
I've noticed that I have started to sweat more now that my body has got used to exercise once more. Don't be alarmed if you are like me and sit at a desk all day and the first time you do some strenuous exercise you are absolutely shattered, gasping for breath and not sweating at all. Your body needs to learn to sweat again, there is a scientific explanation for it but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called.

Anyhow, that's me just finished the Metis, sweating profusely and looking forward to chopping some wood up for the fire and messing around with the dogs. Admittedly I feel like I am enjoying the workouts and the additional bonus of seeing the time on screen gives you that extra little push to beat your last time for that exercise.

See you all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment