Sunday 25 May 2014

Freeletics Week 10

Feeling the burn this week! Just looking at what I had to do filled me with a sense of dread and I managed to find a weak excuse not to train yesterday but not today!

Session 1
Uranos 39:25 PB
Happy about the PB again and still no star as there are pullups in there which I still can only do 8 before I have to start doing the modified easier ones. Although I've just bought a pullup bar so i'll see how I do with that next time. For the moment I have been doing towel pullups from the top of a door.

Always a killer is Uranos for me due to the run at the start but feeling great and a great start to the week.

I decided to weigh in this week and monitor my food, it seems I weigh two pounds lighter than when I started but I have lost two inches off my waist and have much more muscle definition than before. Mind you, muscle weighs heavier than fat so no guesses where the weight is going.

Happy happy happy!

Session 2
Hyperion 30:10  PB

How hard?!! Surprisingly the one handed push ups I could actually manage, although they are not easy and towards the last set I really struggled and had to do the last set as the simpler version. Although by the end of the week I found out the effects of not having good form!

Pullups are still as hard as ever, although my pullup bar came today so at last I have managed to do them on the proper equipment. I do manage to do the first 3 to 5 pullups in proper form though which is a major improvement over week 1 where I struggled for ages to just about do one!

HS pushups are still a no no for me, the strict ones anyhow but I did the modified versions with no problem.

Finally the Pistols, sadly my right ankle will not flex enough to do them so I have done 6 on the left in proper form and on my right I have just gone down as far as I can and held it for a second or two.

All in all a great session and looking forward to getting in the bath as I'm pouring with sweat.

Session 3
Ares 10:00 PB
Love this one, short and sweet but really makes me sweat!

Session 4
Hyperion 25:24 PB
Absolute killer, a better time but after watching the video on how to do one handed pushups I realise that I had bad form last time and subsequently have pulled something in my groin area on my left leg as it hurts like hell. You are supposed to keep your shoulders horizontal and not let your chest leave the ground before anything else. Needless to say in session 2 y chest left the ground first and my shoulders were not horizontal which put a lot of strain on my groin and thigh area. So this time around I did the modified version and made sure that my core was nice and tight and done in good form. Still hurts quite a bit but managed to push through it.

Now for some r&r as it's the bank holiday this weekend, looking forward to the next Freeletics session!

No comments:

Post a Comment