Sunday 11 May 2014

Freeletics Week 8

Back to normal this week thankfully! The trainer's tip is to get as many * workouts as possible. A star being completing all the exercises in correct non-modified form. The only exercises that I currently do which I have to modify now are HS pressups and pullups.

Leg Lever MAX 61* PB
Ares 10:26

The leg lever exercise works your abs and by adding weight to your feet you can in turn increase the difficulty of this one as I found out when I left my walking boots on. Little did I realise at the time that they weigh 1Kilo per boot! Still managed to get a PB and push through the burning sensation in my abs.

Hades 26:36 PB
This was a hard one, felt quite de-motivated this morning. I can see the changes but I still suck completely at organising my week, it's currently Friday and I still have two more sessions to go which means I will have to do one each day of the weekend. It's not the fact I have to do them, it's the being lazy and not starting each weeks sessions until I absolutely have to. Unfortunately this means that because of my laziness I will have to do Kentauros (the outdoor one) in what looks like will be a heavy rain storm.

Still don't understand why I leave it until the last minute, because I feel great when I have worked out.

Anyhow, enough of the moaning, managed to smash another PB out on this one thankfully and in a sadistic way am looking forward to doing tomorrow's session even though it will be in the rain.

Kentauros 45:10 PB
What a relief to get this one done in time and not surprised I didn't get a PB. I got the tape measure out to see how far 20meters was, as previously I had gone with one large stride is one meter. Nope, one large stride is nothing like a meter and I was 2 meters short last time. So have altered the length of the strip I've been doing this on which in turn meant that I was 4m short on each exercise last time. So that's 10% more. Considering that the time isn't 10% more I don't think I've done too bad.

Although the incoming rain storm did push me harder! Plus I had extra motivation which I will explain next week which led me to run a few times around the house and then do a push-up MAX at the end of this session!

Poseidon 5:49 PB
Metis 08:51 * PB

Poseidon went well, still having to do the modified versions of the pull-ups but doing better each time.
Metis.... tiring as usual but got through it and managed to pull off another PB.

Feeling absolutely awesome this week and glad it's over again. I also have good motivator for finishing the 15 weeks with as much gains as I can, other than my beard which I found out this weekend, I'll fill you in over the coming week!

Closing thought... This week I have prob been the worst for procrastinating both at work and with freeletics so I will make sure that this coming week I will have my first exercise done on Monday. Just to make me feel accountable i'll also post that day's exercise to the blog.

Just a side note, I have had a couple of people say "must be nice to work for yourself so you can train during the day if you need to" To put this into context, it's not as straight forward as that. Today for instance it's 10am, by the time I have had a shower and started work it will be 11am. I'll either have to forfeit 2 hours of time paid or work another 2 hours into the evening. So, yes, it is good in one way but don't forget, I'll still have to either be short on money or work into the evening to catch up. No excuses for not doing exercises people :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment