Tuesday 3 June 2014

Freeletics Week 11 (sickness strikes)

I can't believe how quick it has gone! 11th week and a pretty easy one at that. Which can't be said for the weather, it's now session 2 and it's absolutely pounding it down with rain outside. Unfortunately my pullup bar is out side and it's the 2 x 40m runs today!

Not much to report other than the usual getting better with times each session, although I have found my enthusiasm has grown now to the point where I look forward to the sessions somewhat and have started slotting in some other exercises from time to time. Not a lot but just something to quench my thirst for that feelgood factor.

Session 1 (Monday)
Hades 24:27 PB
Not a bad time and very sweaty though. Managed to do 25 burpees without a break each time which is a huge improvement! The only exercise in this set that i had to modify was the pullups.

Session 2 (Tuesday)
Hades 23:17 PB
Really looking forward to this one, so much so that it's pouring down outside so it will be a wet session!

Unfortunately the following day (Wednesday) I was struck down with some strange sickness bug which drained the life out of me so I never managed to do any more exercises this week and completed the two following sessions on Monday evening and Tuesday morning. The whole time willing hell week not to be the following week!

Session 3 (Monday)
Aphrodite 29:10 *
That was hell! I started off with all the gusto in the world, smashing out 50 burpees and only starting to flag on the last 5. After that it was an uphill struggle. I feel like I had the strength but the stamina had completely gone. I really had to will myself through the last couple of sets. I shall definitely do the next session tomorrow rather than later this evening.

Session 4 (Tuesday)
Situp MAX 114 * PB
Metis 07:44 * PB
Really didn't feel like starting this session. My stomach is so sore from the sickness, not that I have been vomiting the past few days but just so tender. Still managed to do 114 situps though in the first exercise and managed to get a PB in Metis which was a surprise!

Just clicked through to this week's sessions and I have never been so happy to see 4 sessions! Artemis, Venus, SitupMAX LegLeverMAX and finally another Artemis.

I think powering through these I shall have Saturday off, which will set me back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment