Monday 15 October 2012

3 Day water fast - Day 1

Day 1 - Monday
I cannot say that there was much in the way of preparation for this fast and in all honesty had a heavy night of drinking on Saturday which I have to state is not the norm, so I am looking forward to a quick detox. The reason for choosing today to start with was simply my diary, I have a pretty relaxed start to the week and the back end of the week will be spent in a business exhibition and also a flying lesson, which I will not be the most calm of days looking at the weather forecast!

I started the day with a cup of green tea which is pretty much the norm these days, after the first fast earlier this year I switched from normal Yorkshire tea with milk (apparently I make it strong) and switched to green tea which I find easier to drink now. Then set off to work with 1.5l of mineral water.

Strangely this morning feeding Frank (Springer Spaniel) some chicken didn't bother me in the slightest, I am usually having some breakfast at that point but was already in the mindset.

Started work at 7:30am this morning, I figure I would get some small jobs out of the way early doors and get the office nice and warm because I do get quite cold when I am fasting. It's about 9am now, feel fine, no real appetite as such, I guess I will update this after lunch and tea.

Lunchtime came and went and feeling a bit peckish now, been through that whole "just a bit of something will be fine" feeling and fancied a curry for a while for some strange reason. Other that that, things are pretty much fine. Although I am bored already with plain water, I get bored with tasteless water very quickly and after drinking a litre this morning I really crave a taste. To get around this I usually have a squirt of jif lemon, or as I found more recently jif lime just to make it taste a little better.

Night time now, just got back in from walking the dog and probably the hardest point of the day as I had to cook off some chicken and make bacon sandwiches, bacon has never smelt so good! Still, that's 24 hours gone by and still feeling great, just a touch hungry. It's at this point I realise the quirks of when I fast, craving strange things, walking to the fridge, opening it and then remembering to walk away again. Few more hours of steady work while watching the TV and finish off the third litre of water and the day is done. Happy days! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment