Tuesday 16 October 2012

3 Day water fast - Day 2

Well I guess I underestimated the amount of work and ended up working while 11pm with a 7am start again. On the up side it's now 10am and I have forgot all about food until a client mentioned they are going to lunch just before I get there.

Felt a little bit light headed this morning when I got up but feel great now, had a couple of cups of green tea and just about done a litre of water so far. Cooking Franks breakfast was a small struggle as I love beef mince and that looked tasty!

Concentration and energy I don't feel a lack of, I walk and train Frank an hour in a morning and an hour in the evening and working as a developer with my head in code all day isn't a problem. Only noticeable thing is the cold,  usually I would be in shorts and t-shirt down to about 14 degrees C but today its the same and I have two fleeces on and still a touch cold. Just checked the local METAR which says its 10 Degrees outside but its still hot in the office, not that Frank notices as he is currently running around in the rain chasing his own shadow.

Starting to ponder over what to eat when I come off the fast, not that it is long enough to warrant being uber careful in regards to food types. The first fast I did ended up with a macdonalds breakfast which defeated the whole object. If it is a fast over a week I generally start off with fruit and some cooked veg on day one after, then veg and maybe some tuna the day after and then day three or four introduce some chicken. Basically progressing from easy to digest foods through to raw meats ( I love steak tartare ). I would like to state at this point that I am not a health food person, nuts and berries are great for the animals, I prefer red meats preferably raw or as near as you can get, love fish and chicken. Having said that I'm not a massive lover of sweet things since I turned 30 and my body decided that it wants to convert every spoonful of sugar and fat into body lard! Not overweight and neither do I want to be.

Dinner no doubt will fly by as I have a few online meetings and then off to see a client so ill be back this evening for a quick update on this post.

My god I'm feeling hungry, having to do the food shopping on-line earlier didn't help and there seems to be lots of cooking and baking programs on TV. Still no-where near as bad as the first fast, all I remember from that was how hungry you feel all the time and the constant wonder if you have the willpower to get through each day. Needless to say if you dig deep then everyone has the ability.



No comments:

Post a Comment