Wednesday 1 January 2014

Long Water Fast - Day 1

This is my personal diary into a long water fast, how long is yet to be seen although it will not last more than 22 days as I have to shoot on the 25th of the month and will need to be reasonably active that day. It is always best to pick a time where you are least stressed and considering that I will be moving to a new house in February I thought it best to do a fast now so I would be on top form for moving day.

I am not a religious person as someone asked today, my reason is simply one of detox. Previously fasts have proved to be beneficial with the best one curing me of urticaria which at the time I was taking 3 1-a-day hayfever tablets to keep it under control.

The Christmas break has certainly been one of indulgence and I'm not looking forward to the initial detox seems as yesterday's meals consisted of duck and noodles for lunch and a 1/2 pound cheeseburger with chips and a bottle of champagne. I hasten to add that yesterday bears no resemblance to my daily food and drink intake and anyone reading this should be aware that it is best to start a fast by earing healthy and less calorific meals on a run up to the fast.

It has been 24 hours since I have had any food, today has consisted of two cups of white tea and 1.5l of mineral water. Considering the amount I ate yesterday I would assume at this point I am burning the glycogen stored in my liver so should finish that store at some point in the night.

Feeling fine so far although i'm picking up on the smell of food more which is giving me pangs of hunger, hopefully by the time I return to work on Monday I should have overcome the tiredness and brain fog.

Happy New Year to one and all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment