Saturday 4 January 2014

Water Fast Day 4 - Ketosis Central

Today has been nothing short of awesome and I feel great and mentally alert, still damn cold but as mother dear always says "Stick some more clothes on"

My day

I started with an appointment with the bank at 9am, being a little early we sat in a coffee shop, surrounded by lovely brownies and chocolates and the inviting smell of freshly ground coffee. The smells were amazing, I feel that my smell is much better, either that or I am noticing the smell of food and drink more. The walk to the bank was just as wonderful, with the smells of bacon sandwiches, fresh roast chickens from delis along the high street. One thing I did notice was that although it smelt wonderful, I had stopped craving the food but just thought that it would taste lovely.

While I was in town I did a bit of shopping, went to get the new smallholding magazine along with some books and a ketone testing kit. I figured at this point my body must have used all it's glycogen stores and gone into ketosis or at least be on the way. As you can see from the test above I have already reached it, which explains the reduced cravings.

When I was leaving a shop I let a nice lady through a door, tipped my hat to her and wished her good morning.

20 minutes later while looking at some books she appeared with her husband in the same shop as I. Whilst contemplating which books I should choose she opened her wallet, smiled, and passed me over a £5 voucher for the store which was valid until the 10th but insisted I take it. I found that bit of karma really set my day up and felt really good all day.

The rest of the day was just walking and training the dogs and about 5 hours of programming.

My general physical feeling

I am still cold but becoming used to it now, this morning I walked the dogs with just a jumper and t-shirt on, the temperature is about 7C. My hands are constantly cold, although I have done a lot of typing this afternoon so my arms haven't moved.

Detox is still happening, white tongue and some achy limbs. The Ketosis test kit tested high this morning as you can see from the photo and is now at the top of the scale. Being in nutritional Ketosis theoretically should reduce hunger and that has definitely happened as I haven't had the usual argument with myself, trying to justify eating a grape or one small spoon of yogurt  It's amazing how you try to convince yourself that it will be OK, fortunately I never gave in to the strange wrangles.

I am definitely moving slower than usual, perhaps 10% slower, plus getting up from being sat down needs to take a touch longer, otherwise the low blood pressure sends me a bit dizzy. Did that once when shopping for books, first and last time I forget that rule!

Mentally I am clearer than usual and am not taking modalert through this fast so can definitely confirm that you do have clarity of mind, which is great seems as I have been programming this afternoon.

It's evening time now and I am probably going to get through 3 litres of water today, I feel so much more thirsty today.

Well, that's all for now folks, catch you on the flip side.....

No comments:

Post a Comment